1 Jul 2013

Beauty Empties May and June

As promised, although I don't have much time, I still do share my - admittedly at the moment quite boring empties. During the last 2 months, I emptied/ decluttered 15 products - so, I am catching up. ;-)

Here is a picture of all products having left me in May and July:

Unfortunately, I don't have such a nice window sill anymore and have to take pictures on the carpet with worse light.

All the emptied or decluttered products are cleaning or soothing products. I didn't use up or declutter any makeup products this time. I don't have many products with me here, so I just have favourites and didn't get using them up yet. And as they are favourites, I won't declutter any of them either. 
Here is a short summary and my thoughts about the emptied or decluttered products:
  • Shower gels:
    • Lavera Baby and Children neutral washing lotion and shampoo: This shower gel and shampoo stinks awefully. This is why I won't repurchase it. Otherwise it was ok, both as a shower gel and as a shampoo. My hair looked nice afterwards and my skin was not irritated. But I dislike the scent very much. It is written that no perfume is added but it stinks really awefully. And it was also quite expensive for a shower gel with 6 Euro for 250 ml. So, definitely no repurchase. 
    • Caudalie Gel Douche Fleur de Vigne, sample: Very nicely scented shower gel. It also did not irritate my skin and appeared to be  quite soft to my skin as well. Probably a repurchase at some point in time because I really liked. Unfortunately, it was just a sample, I would have enjoyed to experiment with it much longer. 
    • Life Ultimate Unwind Body Wash, Sample: It is written on the back of the product that it is relaxing and soothing and smells like lime, ginger, green tea and sweet cardamom. I liked the scent very much but unfortunately, with such tiny samples, I never feel convinced. It's just not enough and if companies are so ungenerous that they provide only such tiny samples for shower gels, I usually don't feel like repurchasing. Especially when the products are not cheap. So, no repurchase here either.  
  • Body Lotions: 
    • Alverde Lemon Love Body Lotion: A true love of mine. It was a limited edition of the german organic drug store brand Alverde for mothers' day. It is sold as a set together with a shower gel. I already bought this set last year when it was available for the first time as a limited edition for mothers' day and adored it the already (see my empties of July and October last year). So, this year, when I was so lucky to find it in a german drug store at mother's day, I immediately bought 2 sets and will be using them up during the next couple of months. The first body lotion is emptied now as you can see and I still love this product. It is light, wonderfully smelling and really soothing. It's about the perfect body lotion for spring, summer and autumn. I will definitel repurchase it when I have the chance to do so.
    • L'Occitane Verbena Body Ice Gel, 75ml Sample: Really nicely smelling and very great body lotion with an icing/blood flow enhancing effect. It feels really refreshing when applied. It doubles the refreshing experience of having showered. The skin also feels great and well nurtured after application. I enjoyed using it up tremendously. Still, I'll probably not repurchase it because I have a lot of other body lotions to be used up and also because it is quite expensive. Maybe next year if it will be available again. Let's see. 
    • Life Ultimate Unwind Body Lotion, Sample: This Body Lotion sample belongs to the shower gel sample discussed above. I found the scent of the body lotion to be a bit softer and, hence, I didn't like that much. It was not bad and it was soothing and nurturing the skin and also scented nice but no repurchase. Somehow, if I don't like one product of a series, I am unlikely to like another one of the same series. 
  • Hair products
    • Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo: A really nice shampoo that leaves the hair fluffy and untangled and moisturized. I don't need to use a conditioner afterwards. So, it is easy and fastly usable. I used it for nearly 4 months every second day. So, you can enjoy it for a long time. I have repurchased it already. Love it!
    • L'Occitane Apres-Shampooing Conditioner for Colour-Treated Hair: This was a surprise. I didn't expect much of it but it provides a tremendous amount of volume while keeping the hair fluffy and easy manageable. I really loved this sample and have already repurchased the product during the recent L'Occitane Sale.  
  • Eye and Face products
    • Dadosens Regeneration E eye cream: A nice eye cream. Very soothing, a bit greasy but it sinks in quite quickly. Anyway, I think a good eye cream must be greasy. I don't know yet whether I'll repurchase it but is on the list of possible repurchases as I really liked it. 
    • L'Occitane Precious Cream for the face: Nice refreshing moisturizer. The scent is lovely, very planty, like a freshly cut tree or something like that. Nevertheless, for me it does not provide enough moisture, so I'll probably rather not repurchase it.
    • Eisenberg Anti Age Face Cream, Sample: Nice cream but nothing special, soothing, nice scent but could be nicer. It lies on the skin and feels like it never disappears/sinks in. Hence, I didn't like it and I won't repurchase it. Didn't see any anti aging effect either.
    • Clarins Vita Light Night Cream, Sample: Nice cream, but again, nothing special. Rather no repurchase. I find myself drifting away from Clarins these days. 
    • Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream, Sample: Nice cream, but again, nothing special. Rather no repurchase. I find myself drifting away from Clarins these days.
  • Teeth products
    • Corsodyl daily tooth paste: This was a kind of okayish tooth paste. It cleaned well but it tastes aweful. No repurchase as I still prefer my german tooth paste at the moment.  
  • Hand products
    • Burt's Bees Hand Salve: Aweful scent. Really soothing but with this aweful peppermint and spice scent, I don't enjoy applying it. Hence, I decided to declutter it. Why using up something I dislike that much? No repurchase for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Vielen Dank für deinen Kommentar!!
    Der Nagellack ist von YSL nr.82
    Allerdings ist er nicht mehr ganz neu, also weiß ich leider nicht, ob es noch genau die Nummer gibt...

    http://coco-colo.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete