28 Nov 2012

Scented Candle Obsession

It started to get really cold outside. In this season, what can be nicer and more relaxing that to sit besides a candle? While I haven't tried any scented candles at all in the last years, this autumn I discovered scented candles and became a bit obsessed with them. This is how my desk currently looks like:


On the picture, you can see my current favourite candle Feu de Bois by Diptyque. I adore this candle and the scent it has. I stumbled upon it on Meg's blog and had to buy it myself then too. I don't like how it smells when it does not burn, but when it burns, the scent is just wonderful. It smells like a fireplace. The scent is wonderful and very soothing and relaxing. Love it.

The other candle shown in the picture is Real Luxury by NEOM. This is nice but not as overwhelmingly great as Feu de Bois. Both are travel sized because I am still experimenting. However, I might purchase a big one soon as well. But I am not sure whether the big ones are not too bulky.

I love to burn my candles while meditating, while journaling, while reading, while writing my theses, etc. I could burn them all the time. ;-)


My first scented candle was this one by Taaj. It is a lovely candle but unfortunately not for sale on its own. It is only available in a candle set with a micellar water and a body oil (see it here and here). Here you can see the candle burning (too bad that you cannot smell the scent ;-)):



Here are the candles I burnt in November (Taaj, NEOM Happiness, NEOM Refresh and NEOM Inspiration):


Of these, I like Happiness the most. But the Taaj candle was lovely as well. These are the only potential repurchases - I wish the Taaj candle was available for repurchase. The other two candles by NEOM were nice but not as great and, hence, I won't repurchase them. Next, I want to experiment with other scented candles by NEOM and I also want to try Yankee Candles. I might be the only female blogger in the blogosphere that has not tried Yankee Candles yet. But I want to change that and therefore, I have recently placed an order and am eagerly awaiting my first Yankee Candle candles.


Do you like scented candles, too? Which scented candles do you like most and when do you use them?

No comments:

Post a Comment