22 Aug 2012

Sephora France Online Shop Review

Do you know a German beauty addict that does not dream of Sephora? It seems to be typical human to dream of things that are really hard to get or completely unavailable. Unfortunately, we Germans don't have a Sephora store here in Germany. However, Sephora is a really cool brand (I love e.g. the Sephora #45 brush I bought in May via eBay) and I've been lurking around the US online shop a lot. Ordering from the US is very expensive though. This is why I haven't bought many products from Sephora up to now. I have rather kept a wishlist which grew with time. From time to time, however, when blog posts pop up on German blogs where holiday shopping at Sephora stores is shown, I catch myself making up some holiday plans just in order to get near to a Sephora shop. Do recognize yourself in this behaviour as well?

Well, in August I stumbled upon the Sephora France online shop and found out that they ship to Germany. What a great discovery! Although I had a couple of years of french classes at school, my french is not that good anymore. I should really practice it more often as it seems to be of high value in the beauty world obviously. I had to scramble up all my little left knowledge of french but, fortunately, this was enough to place a proper order. I even found a 15% coupon for the french online shop which I was able to use.

The shipping costs are pretty high with 13.90 Euro, but Sephora France ships with UPS and the shipping was really fast. Although it is written on their page that shipping takes 5 to 7 days, my order arrived on the 4th day after submitting it (including the day on which I ordered). And with the 15% coupon I was able to shrink the shipping costs a bit. As I did not order that much I was not able to cover the shipping costs completely with the coupon. This order was a test purchase. As I don't have any experiences with the products I ordered, I ordered only few products and mainly small sizes. In case I like the products, I might repurchase them in bigger versions, however.

This is how my order looked upon arrival (the black box is the present box of Sephora which I took because it was free and I wanted to see how it looks like :-)):

Except for a product by Urban Decay (which by the way is a brand that can also not be found anywhere in Germany), I ordered only products from Sephora itself.

This is how my order looked in the box:

These are all the products that came with my order:

When ordering with Sephora France, I was allowed to choose 3 samples. I chose 3 perfume samples and the huge object in the right part of the picture is a present that I got through my 15% coupon Apparently not all 15% coupons include a present, but this one did. (It's "SOLEIL" and you can use it until the 31st of August):

The present is a huge bag made of an artificially smelling material like plastic/rubber:
The smell is terrible and I do not find it useful at all. I thought it was some nice bag made of cotton when I ordered it. But as it is, it is just smelling badly and of very little use. At least it came for free.

The products I ordered were:
A 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in the colour "demolition" by Urban Decay:

A small empty spray bottle:

One of the famous Sephora I.T. brushes, more specifically, the slanted eye liner brush:
Similar to the Real Techniques brushes, the metallic part of the handle is very long and this guarantees a very easy and unproblematic brush cleaning procedure. Furthermore, The I.T. brushes now come with a cap which is really cool. Have a look at the cap of the slanted eye liner brush:
I have already tried this brush and I love it. It was a very good purchase!

Besides that, I ordered a huge bunch of cleansers and a nail polish remover as I currently am a bit obsessed with cleaning products. All cleansers I ordered are from Sephora itself:

I bough the famous express nail polish remover that is said to be one of the best and fastest nail polish removers (and I agree 100% - it's sooo great!!!)

I bought a cleansing oil (this is my first cleansing oil ever - I am curious how I'll like it!):

I bought a micellar cleanser from Sephora:

And, finally, I bought 2 eye makeup removers from Sephora:

I am looking very much forward to trying all these products.

Have you ever ordered with Sephora France? Did you try one of the products above? What are your favourite Sephora products?

No comments:

Post a Comment