27 Jul 2012

twist.bag July

Since I wasn't that happy with my last Pink Box (see my Pink Box July post here) and wanted to try more organic products anyway, I subscribed with the twist.bag. The twist.bag is shipped from Switzerland and is available for 15 Swiss francs within Switzerland, Austria and Germany. Converted in Euro, there is nearly no difference to the Pink Box price. Note also, that it costs 15 Swiss francs independently from where you order - it can be either Switzerland or Austria or Germany.

I think that an organic beauty box is a great idea because I personally always prefer a good organic product over a non-organic one which is not better. Unfortunately, many organic products often aren't that good. It depends on the product category. Hence, I was really happy when I discovered the twist.b Bag as it is a great opportunity to try more organic products.

The twist bag is always shipped on the 15th of each month. In July, the 15th was a Sunday. Hence, I assume that it was shipped on Monday the 16th. As it was shipped from Switzerland, it took quite some time to arrive at my destination. More specifically, it arrived last Wednesday and hence, it took the parcel 1.5 weeks to arrive.

See the pictures and the products that came with my Twist Bag July below. This is what was contained in the parcel: A jute bag (with the products inside) and an orange letter.



In the orange letter, the products are described (click on the picture for a huger size where the text is readable):

This is what came with my twist bag of July: There were 3 products from a swiss company called farfalla (2 samples of body lotions and one perfume sample). 2 samples of a face cream by Lavera and one sample of an organic dry shampoo.

The perfume unfortunately has the typical organic kind of scent which I don't like that much:

The 2 samples by Lavera belong to the same face cream and it is a face cream for combination skin and normal skin. When ordering the twist bag, you fill out a form where you are asked what kind of skin type you have and there you can choose between normal skin, dry skin, combination skin and oily skin. Although I would say that my skin is rather dry (especially in winter - see also the results of my recent Douglas skin analysis), my skin is not that problematic in summer and, hence, I chose normal skin. But I am a bit surprised to get a product for combination skin. (I didn't know that the face cream is also for normal skin and not only for combination skin - I love it by the way and am very happy that it was in the twist. bag! :-))

These are the 2 samples for body products against cellulite by farfalla. In each sample another product is included. One is a lotion and the other one is a kind of a gel. Both are pretty expensive with at least 26 Euro a bottle for 150ml (see here). It's a pitty that they didn't treat the Twist Bag customers with the "silhouette miracle Weekend- und Probierset" which is a set of samples for trying the silhouette miracle products attached with a small bag (see the product here - it is sold for 10 Euro and could have been added to the Twist Bag instead of the two samples). For me, this shows that the company farfalle obviously does not value the Twist Bag customers that much. Maybe I am too demanding but for me this is not a good marketing strategy and for me it leaves such a bad impression that I doubt that I'll purchase something from that company.  

This is the sample of the all nighter styling powder by A Beautiful life. This is a dry shampoo and a styling powder that gives volume to the hair at the same time. Furthermore, it claims to add a nice scent to the hair. I haven't tried it yet but I am very curious about it. :-)

And finally, here is an additional picture of the jute bag which is kind of cute :-)

Alltogether, I am happy with the content of my Twist Bag but the amount of content included is a bit tiny though. If either a full-size product or the farfalla "silhouette miracle Weekend- und Probierset" was included, I would have been much happier with the Twist Bag. Let's see how it evolves. At the moment, I like the Pink Box more (although I'd prefer the Pink Box to come with more skin care and with less make up ;-)).

No comments:

Post a Comment