22 Jun 2012

New in: Illamasqua Naked Strangers

Recently, I stumbled over the new Illamasqua Naked Strangers Limited Edition while browsing through the newest posts mentioning this limited edition at InnenundAussen and Nudeaddict. Actually, I try to keep away from limited editions (because I want to support the standard products since they can be repurchased without any limits concerning amount or time) and also from blushes (because I have far too many blushes - somehow I tend to collect them) but the swatches of the two blushes of this limited edition have made all my good intentions evaporate. The two blushes that come with this limited edition are a cream blush called "Zygomatic" and a powder blush called "Naked Rose". Both are very subtle nude rosy colours and as you might already have read between the lines of my blog: I am a sucker for nudish make up looks. Hence, I needed to order these two blushes.
They arrived today and after the first swatches and experiments with them I am really happy that I threw my good intentions overboard and didn't keep myself to my prohibition to buy LEs or blushes. These two blushes have the potential to become my favourite blushes of all times. They are just lovely and look great on me.

This is how they looked upon arrival:

Here is a swatch of the cream blush in "Zygomatic". It's a very subtle soft brownish rose colour. The colour is really difficult to capture in a picture and always turns out to be more brownish in pictures than it really is. It's a wonderful and lovely mix of pink and brown and it can create the most subtle flush of colour on the cheeks I've ever seen. Too bad that it does not belong to the regular product line of Illamasqua and is just available for a limited amount of time within a limited edition. As said, these blushes have the potential to become my favourite blushes of all times and I won't be able to repurchase them. This is *exactly* why I don't want to buy any LE products anymore. ;-)

This is a swatch of the powder blush in "Naked Rose". Naked Rose is also a great colour and a bit more pinkish than Zygomatic. It's still a very subtle nude pink blush. Really lovely. I also like how both blushes look combined.   

Here is more information from the back of the products and from the back of the packaging, including ingredients (in both pictures Naked Rose is on the left and Zygomatic is on the right):

No comments:

Post a Comment